Recipe by LonghornMama
This recipe is from Quick Vegetarian Pleasures by Jeanne Lemlin. I have made this a million times and never get tired of it. This is a simple recipe where the result is more than the sum of its parts. I suggest using good quality tomatoes, it really does make a difference here. Don't worry about the red pepper, it's not a spicy dish.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
Made this for Dinner tonight. It was really fast to put together for during the week and great that the ingredients are usually on hand here. I added a little more of the crushed red pepper than the recipe asks for. I think I was expecting more of a flavor though. But it was a delicious recipe anyways for the fettuccine. I think I would prefer the cheese in the sauce next time, maybe that would change the flavor just a bit. I would make this recipe again though and try it that way. Thanks for posting the recipe LonghornMama
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the fettucine according to package directions.
- Drain thoroughly.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until they brown and juices start to evaporate, about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes and wine and boil 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the cream and salt and boil 1 minute.
- Toss with fettucine and Parmesan and serve immediately.