Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it is tasty. Quick and Easy too! (Prepare the sauce while the noodles cook 15 minutes).
- 1 (12 ounce) package fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (2 ounce) canflat anchovy fillets, drained (I left these out)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna
- 2 tablespoons finely slivered fresh lemon rind
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine in boiling salted water following label directions; drain.
- Combine mayonnaise, anchovies, garlic, lemon juice and cream in container of your electric blender or food processor; whirl until smooth.
- Break tuna up with a fork in a small bowl.
- Pour sauce over tuna.
- Combine hot fettuccine and sauce into a heated serving bowl; toss to mix well.
- Sprinkle parsley and lemon rind over.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
This was a very tasty meal and so quick and easy to prepare. I did add the anchovies as we are most partial to them! We ate this with a tossed salad, and used 16 ounces of fettucine to feed four of us (perhaps we are big eaters!). After combining the sauce with the pasta, I zapped it in the microwave to heat it through nicely. Thanks for posting. I will make this again.
Very tasty. Omitted the anchovys to reduce the salt. Added 1/2 can low-sodium cream of celery soup. Fast to put together.