Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy to make white clam sauce so simple it's a great everyday dish but so delicious it's a great dinner party dish served with a nice wine.
- 1 cup soybean oil, and olive oil blend
- 2 finely chopped medium onions
- 4 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams with juice, reserved (figure one can per person)
- cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- chicken bouillon granules or chicken soup base
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta, al dente for 4 people
- Add the oil, onions and garlic to a 12" skillet. Bring to low simmer and allow to heat until tender.
- Add the reserved clam juice and continue to simmer 15-20 minutes. Add a little chicken broth as you go as sauce thickens. It should be about the consistancy of a light gravy. Add cracked pepper.
- If you are cocktailing with friends you can allow it to simmer lightly for about as long as you like if you continue to add broth.
- Add clams, lemon juice and tabasco. Season for salt with the soup base or bouillion. Add parsley, bring to quick boil, and serve over pasta.