Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Hungry Girl: "This recipe will rock your world. Share it with everyone you know...ASAP! This Fettucine Hungry Girlfredo has just 80 calories per serving, and is only 1 point on Weight Watchers (if you're counting). This is the guilt-free recipe of the century!" (80 Calories, 3g Fat, 242mg Sodium, 9g Carbs, 4g Fiber, <1g Sugars, 4g Protein = 1 Point!!!)
- 1 (8 ounce) package tofu shirataki noodles, Fettuccine Shaped Tofu Noodles
- 0.5 (7/8 ounce) wedge Laughing Cow cheese, 1/2 of 1 wedge
- 1 teaspoon fat free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 dash salt & pepper (optional)
- Rinse fettuccine noodles VERY well.
- Microwave them for one minute, then drain them and pat dry.
- Add cheeses and sour cream. Mix thoroughly.
- Microwave to help melt cheese further, and mix some more.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy.
I wanted to see what all the hype was about tofu shirataki noodles, so I decided to try HG's fettuccine alfredo. I actually followed Just Nora's very helpful suggestions, and the alfredo was excellent! My husband and I just couldn't get past the texture of the noodles, and we couldn't take more than a few bites. I didn't think it was fair to give it low stars just for that, though. The tofu shirataki noodles are great if you are on a no-carb diet, I suppose, but I don't think they are our thing. The sauce part (with Just Nora's suggestions) is great though, and a nice lower-calorie alternative to alfredo that I probably will use on regular pasta.
Delicious! Here is how I modified the recipe, including how to deal with the noodles: Skip the sour cream, up the Laughing Cow to 2 wedges, add a clove of minced garlic and a teaspoon of dried parsley. Add 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese, add 1/2 tablespoon of Brummel & Brown margarine. Note -- these noodles smell awful out of the package. Please make sure you take lots of time to thoroughly rinse, drain and pat dry as instructed below. It makes a huge difference. Method: Really thoroughly rinse noodles (be obsessive)! Microwave on high for one minute. Remove, drain and pat dry (be obsessive)! Add Laughing Cow, garlic, parsley, Brummel & Brown, parmesan and salt and pepper to taste. Mix. Microwave additional time if needed to melt ingredients. Enjoy!