Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Speciality of the Restaurante Picolo Mondo in Roma, Italia according to an old newspaper clipping found in my grandmother's recipe box.
- 3 sweet peppers, seeds removed (red, yellow and green)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 chicken thighs
- 5 chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon concentrated tomato paste
- 3 1⁄2 fluid ounces chicken stock
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb fettuccine
- Roast the peppers over a high flame so that the skin blisters and can be easily removed. You can omit this step but peeling makes the peppers easier to digest.
- Cut the peppers into strips.
- Heat the oil and gently brown the chopped onion and the garlic. Add the chicken pieces and brown them on all sides.
- Mix the tomato paste with the stock and add to chicken along with the wine.
- Add the sliced peppers and cook slowly (medium low) to create a thick sauce (1 1/2 hours). If sauce is getting to dry then add a little more stock. Season to taste.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water, drain and stir in the chicken and sauce. Serve at once.