Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Here's a way to give a familiar menu of chicken, noodles and peas an Italian face-lift that your family will be delighted by.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
A very tasty and easy to prepare pasta dish which we really enjoyed with crispy rolls and a glass of champagne. I used low fat cream, doubled the garlic (love garlic) and added some thyme at the beginning of step two but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I used dried fettuccine. Thank you for sharing this recipe, Jackie. Made for PRMR.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 boned skinned whole chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch chunks (about 8 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 8 ounces dried fettuccine or 1 lb fresh fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large saucepan of salted water to boiling.
- Heat butter and oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat. When foam subsides, add chicken, scallions, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken begins to brown, about 7 minutes. Stir in cream, mushrooms, tomatoes, peas, salt, and peppper; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened and chicken is cooked through, 3-5 minutes. Stir in basil and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain thoroughly and transfer to wide serving bowl.
- Pour sauce over pasta, sprinkle with Parmesan, and toss to combine. Serve hot.