Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this somewhere on the internet and want to save here. Times are a guess as I have not prepared this yet.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast (chunked)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (finely minced)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned tomatoes (chopped and drained)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (freshly ground)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf (or 2 tbsp. dry)
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine pasta (dry, or 1 lb fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat large saucepan of salted water to boiling. Heat butter and oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat. When foam subsides, add chicken, onions, mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken begins to brown, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in cream, tomatoes, peas, salt, and pepper; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened and chicken is cooked through, 3-5 minutes. Stir in basil and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water until tender, but still firm to the bite. Drain thoroughly and transfer to wide serving bowl. Pour sauce over pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan and toss to combine. Serve hot.
We all thought this was really good! I didn't add the peas because we're not big fans, and I increased the amount of half and half since I used a 1 pound package of fettucini. We all went back for seconds, so I'm sure I'll be making this again. Thanks.