Recipe by MsPia
Fettuccine with Artichokes, Parsley, and Parmesan Recipe by Carla Capalbo
Top Review by Scoutie
I am transferring my recipes from some of my favorite food magazines here for safe-keeping. I was so glad to see this here, it is truly delicious! I must admit, when I don't have the time, I have used canned artichoke bottoms instead of doing the from scratch. (hanging head) I have even used marinated artichoke hearts if that is all I have on hand. Any way you cook it, this is a GREAT recipe! Thanks for posting.
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 large artichokes
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped and divided
- salt, as needed
- pepper, as needed
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill large bowl with cold water. Squeeze juice from lemon halves into water; add lemon halves. Working with 1 artichoke at a time, cut off stem from artichoke. Using small knife, peel stem, then slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Drop stem slices into lemon water. Pull off leaves from artichoke and discard. Using spoon, scoop out choke. Thinly slice artichoke bottom. Drop artichoke slices into lemon water. Repeat with remaining artichokes.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Drain artichoke pieces; add to skillet. Sauté until artichokes are soft and beginning to turn golden, about 20 minutes. Add wine; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 3 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley; simmer 1 minute. Discard garlic. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Return pasta to pot; add artichoke sauce and half of cheese and toss to blend, adding some of reserved pasta cooking liquid if dry. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley and serve.