Fettuccine with Artichokes, Parsley, and Parmesan Recipe by Carla Capalbo
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill large bowl with cold water. Squeeze juice from lemon halves into water; add lemon halves. Working with 1 artichoke at a time, cut off stem from artichoke. Using small knife, peel stem, then slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Drop stem slices into lemon water. Pull off leaves from artichoke and discard. Using spoon, scoop out choke. Thinly slice artichoke bottom. Drop artichoke slices into lemon water. Repeat with remaining artichokes.
- 2Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Drain artichoke pieces; add to skillet. Sauté until artichokes are soft and beginning to turn golden, about 20 minutes. Add wine; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 3 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley; simmer 1 minute. Discard garlic. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid.
- 4Return pasta to pot; add artichoke sauce and half of cheese and toss to blend, adding some of reserved pasta cooking liquid if dry. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine Con Carciofi
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.9
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 58.8 mg
- Sodium 281.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 15.7 g