I combined my love for 3 different salads into 1 and the results were oh so good!!!! I served this at my son’s birthday party and it was a huge hit!
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 4 cups chopped cabbage, Green and Purple
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped fine
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, broken
- 1 (2 ounce) package slivered almonds
- To make the Ramen mixture: Melt butter in skillet; add seasoning packet, sesame seeds, almonds and noodles while stirring consistently, sauté until lightly browned. Set aside allow to cool. Just before serving, mix everything together and serve.
- Break fettuccine noodles into fourths. Cook according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water set aside. While your fettuccine is cooking mix your cabbage and fresh vegetables in a large bowl. In a small bowl make your dressing. Once fettuccine is rinsed and drained add to cabbage mixture and toss until all of the vegetables are well coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for an hour. Prior to serving add Ramen Noodle mixture, toss to coat before serving.
- NOTE: Use the dressing to your liking – we like ours well coated – if you prefer a lighter coating use less dressing. This dressing keeps well in the refrigerator.
- ALSO – for a different type of taste use the Vinegar/Oil type dressing! VINEGAR/OIL DRESSING: 1°C Sugar, 1/2°C Vinegar, 1/2°C Oil, 1T. Soy Sauce Mix well.
- As an Option try other fresh vegetables added to this slaw if so desired!