Recipe by Anita Harris
From Paula Deen's Quick & Easy Meals, Special Collector's Issue. (Prep and cook times are estimates).
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons the lady's house seasoning, divided (recipe follows)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (9 ounce) packages fresh fettuccine
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice chicken breasts lengthwise into 1" wide strips. Sprinkle strips with 1 tsp House Seasoning and thyme. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cooked through but still juicy; do not overcook.
- While chicken is cooking, cook pasta according to pkg directions. Drain pasta, rinse in cold water, and drain again. Pat excess moisture off pasta with a paper towel, if necessary.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Pour juices from the pan into a bowl. Add mayonnaise, green onions, parsley, basil, remaining tsp of House seasoning, and the seasoned salt. Pour dressing over pasta and toss gently. Place chicken strips on top of pasta.
- The Lady's House Seasoning:
- 1 Celsius salt.
- 1/4 c black pepper.
- 1/4 c garlic powder.
- Stir ingredients together. Keep the seasoning in a shaker near the stove for convenience.