1/1 Photo of Fettuccine Carbonara (Healthy Version)
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
If you crave a creamy fettuccine, but hate the calories it packs with it. Try this recipe makeover. The family loves it and they don't even know it nutritional value. Save 16 grams of fat per serving by replacing the egg yolks and whipping cream with PHILADELPHIA Light Cream Cheese Spread, KRAFT Light Classic Caesar Reduced Fat Dressing, flour and fat free milk to achieve the same creamy texture and using smoked ham in place of bacon. Plus, you'll save 80 calories too! AND, it tastes great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g fettuccine, uncooked
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- 59.14 ml philadelphia light cream cheese spread
- 59.14 ml reduced-fat caesar salad dressing, KRAFT Light Classic
- 14.79 ml flour
- 236.59 ml nonfat milk
- 170.09 g package oscar mayer smoked ham, cut into short strips
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 44.37 ml kraft 100% grated parmesan cheese
- 1COOK pasta as directed on package, adding peas to the cooking water for the last 3 minute of the pasta cooking time.
- 2MEANWHILE, beat cream cheese spread, dressing and flour in small saucepan with wire whisk until well blended. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until mixture is well blended. Add ham; cook on medium-low heat 5 minute or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 3Drain fettuccine mixture; return to saucepan. Add sauce mixture; mix lightly. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minute or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 4TOP with parsley; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine Carbonara (Healthy Version)
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.5
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 87.2 mg
- Sodium 908.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat caesar salad dressing