Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a low fat recipe in answer to a query on the threads.
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced lean ham
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 (375 ml) can evaporated skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 (30 g) packetslite mushroom & chive cup a soup
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat margarine
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon beef stock powder
- salt and pepper
- 300 g dry fettuccine pasta
- Coat a large not stick pan with cooking spray.
- Sauté garlic and onion for 2 minutess.
- Toss in ham and cook 2 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set to one side.
- In same saucepan melt margarine, add flour mixing well.
- Slowly add in evaporated milk and then skim milk, mixing continually until smooth.
- Stir in dry soup mix, stock powder and parmesan cheese.
- Return mushroom mixture to pot and combine well, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water add a pinch of salt (optional).
- Bring to boil, add pasta, bring back to boil then simmer stirring occasionally to keep pasta separated.
- Cook 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked, drain, divide into 4 serves.
- Pour sauce over pasta and serve.
Wow! This was better than carbonara I've been served in restaurants that were no doubt loaded with butter / fat. When I asked my girlfriend to concur it deserved 5 stars she said more like 50 stars!