1/1 Photo of Fettuccine Carbonara
This is a low fat recipe in answer to a query on the threads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced lean ham
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 (375 ml) can evaporated skim milk
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 (30 g) packets lite mushroom & chive cup a soup
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat margarine
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon beef stock powder
- salt and pepper
- 300 g dry fettuccine pasta
- 1Coat a large not stick pan with cooking spray.
- 2Sauté garlic and onion for 2 minutess.
- 3Toss in ham and cook 2 minutes.
- 4Add sliced mushrooms and cook a further 2-3 minutes.
- 5Remove from pan and set to one side.
- 6In same saucepan melt margarine, add flour mixing well.
- 7Slowly add in evaporated milk and then skim milk, mixing continually until smooth.
- 8Stir in dry soup mix, stock powder and parmesan cheese.
- 9Return mushroom mixture to pot and combine well, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water add a pinch of salt (optional).
- 11Bring to boil, add pasta, bring back to boil then simmer stirring occasionally to keep pasta separated.
- 12Cook 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked, drain, divide into 4 serves.
- 13Pour sauce over pasta and serve.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.3
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.3 mg
- Sodium 641.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: