Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe uses fettuccine instead of spaghetti. I got it from Gourmet magazine, where it was very popular. I hope that you enjoy it!
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.5 (8 ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled gorgonzola (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 8 slices cooked bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta in heavy large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain well, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Add artichoke hearts; sauté 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, cream, half and half, crushed red pepper, black pepper and salt and simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add hot pasta to sauce and toss to coat. Remove from heat. Add eggs to pasta and toss well. Add bacon, 1/2 cup Gorgonzola, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and parsley and toss to incorporate. Add reserved pasta cooking liquid to thin sauce, if desired. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Gorgonzola and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over pasta and serve.