I was on a short trip to Montreal and while there visited this lovely Italian Bistro. This is the dish I ordered and it was so delicious and bursting with flavour, I dreamt about it for 2 weeks. I felt the need to call the chef to tell him how much I enjoyed it and when I told him I was from Toronto, he asked me if I wanted the recipe!
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefresh fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 diced plum tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) candiced italian tomatoes
- fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine noodles until al dente.
- Meanwhile, saute oil, garlic, butter, onions, mushrooms, anchovy, and shrimp about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, parsley, oregano, red pepper and tomatoes.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Toss with fresh shaved parmesan and serve.
I really enjoyed this, it was very easy to prepare and delicious!!! I didnt cook my shrimp for quite as long as in the recipe, I added them with the tomatoes and gently poached for a few minutes. Lacking mushrooms, I used a small zucchini, sliced, I'll try it again with mushrooms. I used my own oven-roasted tomatoes, and overall, this was really good. I tossed the pasta and sauce together before serving. A real winner, thanks for sharing Mon Fifi!