Recipe by charlie #5
Adapted from "Best of the Best from Louisiana". Don't look at the fat. Consider adding a little rosemary or thyme. Try adding a little torn spinach at the end. We like it served with half regular and half spinach-flavored egg noodles. Unsure cooking time and servings.
- 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine or 1 (16 ounce) package tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 pint mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta to package instructions and set aside with 1/2 stick of the butter.
- Whip the cream until just starting to stiffen. Add the Parmesan and Romano.
- Saute' the mushrooms with the other 1/2 stick of butter. Add in the garlic and saute' for 1 minute.
- Mix the pasta, cream cheese mixture, mushrooms and butter together. Add the parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.