Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm not actually a fan of cooked tomatoes, but I love this dish, especially beside a juicy slab of marinated, grilled venison steak! (I usually only use 2 or 3 tomatoes and never bother with the peeling and seeding, but I'll leave that up to you!)
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta (or spaghetti)
- 3 quarts boiling water
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut up
- 1 teaspoon basil
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a large uncovered saucepan, cook pasta in boiling water, oil, and first amount of salt until tender, but firm -- about 9-11 minutes. Drain.
- Saute next 6 ingredients in frying pan until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and basil and continue sauteing for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and turn into serving bowl. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese or serve cheese separately.
Very yummy, and super quick and easy!! I used fresh basil, so I added about 2 TBS. This is surprisingly a very flavorful dish, I thought that maybe the amount of noodles would outway the flavors, but it didn't! One change I will make next time, is to use a smaller noodle like farfalle, because chasing the slippery buttery fettuccine around is madding when your mouth is watering!!