Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Family Circle. It was originally written for scallops but my family prefers shrimp. What a wonderful combination of flavors! Prep time does not include cleaning the shrimp.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained (not marinated type)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomato, slivered (dry-packed)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or 2 tablespoons green onions (white part)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sundried tomatoes, shallot and garlic; cook 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and wine; cook 2-4 minutes just until shrimp turns opaque but not fully cooked.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add milk, half-and-half, parmesan and pepper to skillet.
- Lower heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is smooth and slightly thickened.
- Add artichoke hearts, basil and shrimp.
- Cook, stirring until heated through and shrimp are done, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook fettuccine, drain; arrange on serving platter and spoon shrimp& sauce over, toss.