This recipe is from Family Circle. It was originally written for scallops but my family prefers shrimp. What a wonderful combination of flavors! Prep time does not include cleaning the shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained (not marinated type)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomato, slivered (dry-packed)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or 2 tablespoons green onions (white part)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add sundried tomatoes, shallot and garlic; cook 2 minutes.
- 3Add shrimp and wine; cook 2-4 minutes just until shrimp turns opaque but not fully cooked.
- 4Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 5Add milk, half-and-half, parmesan and pepper to skillet.
- 6Lower heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is smooth and slightly thickened.
- 7Add artichoke hearts, basil and shrimp.
- 8Cook, stirring until heated through and shrimp are done, about 2 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile cook fettuccine, drain; arrange on serving platter and spoon shrimp& sauce over, toss.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine and Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.6
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 271.6 mg
- Sodium 835.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 45.9 g