Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A special dish of wonderful flavours. Adaptable to additives-perhaps some roasted garlic or tomato if you wished!
- 1 orange sweet potato, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 375 g egg fettuccine pasta (fresh, such as Latina brand)
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 425 g alfredo sauce, storebought or home-made
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Grease and line the base of a 22cm springform cake pan with baking paper.
- Place the onion, sweet potato, zucchini and olive ol in a roasing pan and toss to coat vegetables.
- Season with some salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until softened and lightly coloured on edges.
- Cook the fettuccini according to packet directions.
- Rinse under cold water once cooked.
- Combine the roasted vegetables, fettuccini, ricotta, alfredo sauce and eggs in a large bowl and mix well.
- Spoon into the prepared pan and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Serve with salad for a lovely lunch or dinner.
Really yummy, especially with some black pepper sprinkled on top! I wish that I had fresh bread to eat with it.