Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in my "Four Ingredient Cooking" by Joanna Farrow. She states that this is a simple recipe invented by a Roman restaurateur called Alfredo and that he served it with a gold fork and spoon. This recipe says it serves four, but I would imagine alot of people will think it only serves two, so up this recipe as you see fit to serve your families appetites. This is not a garlic flavored recipe but one for the original recipe, so might want to serve with very seasoned tasty main dish/meat. Or you might want to add some minced 1/2 tsp. minced garlic to the butter in the beginning before adding the cream.
- 28.39 ml butter
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 78.07 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- 170.09 g fresh fettuccine or 85.04 g dry fettuccine pasta
- Melt butter in a large pan. Add the cream and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, then add the Parmesan cheese, with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, and turn off the heat under the pan.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Drop in the pasta all at once and quickly bring the water back to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook the pasta for 2-3 minutes, or according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well.
- Turn on the heat under the pan of cream to low, add the cooked pasta all at once, and toss until it is thoroughly coated in the sauce. Taste the sauce for seasoning. Serve immediately, with extra grated Parmesan cheese at the table.
So rich! I've never made it like this before, and I was successful! Both DH and DS scarfed theirs down! And there are leftovers! Woo HOO! Thanks for another winner, diner524!
It's perfect! 'Nuff said. Made for Culinary Quest 2014/Cruisin' Culinary Queens.
I made alfredo sauce years ago but used salted butter and it tasted like we were eating spoonfuls of salt. Wanted to give this recipe a try but used unsalted butter and it was very good. Rich and delicious side dish to grilled chicken breast and broccoli. Made for the 2014 Culinary Quest - Family Picks.