Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We really like this fettuccine dish.
- 1 (12 ounce) packageegg fettuccine, uncooked
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cups fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb ham or 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, grated, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium heat, melt 4 T butter; add mushrooms, ham and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add peas; heat through.
- Add remaining butter; stir until melted.
- Toss hot pasta thoroughly with mushroom mixture; season to taste with salt pepper and cheese.
You can't beat a meal that is quick and easy to prepare and tastes delicious too! I love the combination of mushroom, ham and peas. I used margarine to lighten it up a bit. Served with a salad, the whole family loved this - thanks for sharing!