Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from The Thirteen Coins Restaurant in Seattle, Washington.
- 6 cups cooked fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (garnish)
- salt and pepper
- In a meduim pan melt butter, add cooked fettuccine, half-and-half, egg yolks, salt and pepper.
- Cook until sauce begins to form.
- Mix asiago and parmesan chees together and add to the sauce.
- Garnish with parseley and serve immediately.
Excellent base sauce! We added shallots and garlic with the butter. We also added canned clams. We used the cheese we had - blue, parmesan, and white cheddar. The thinkness is perfect!