Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from a newspaper clipping.
- 2 lbs fettuccine
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked and peeled
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions, making the addition of the asparagus during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute mushrooms until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine cream, half-n-half, and lemon juice in another large, deep skillet or Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat about 3 minutes. Add pasta and asparagus and stir to coat. Add cheese, then season with nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste, continuing to stir until sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; add shrimp and mushrooms. Serve warm.
Decadent meal for something so very easily prepared!! The asparagus lends pleasing contrast to the rich sauce. I liked the mushrooms but might not bother with them another time, this stands well with shrimp and asparagus alone. Made and enjoyed for PRMR tag game, thank you threeovens