Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated fresh fettuccine
- 2 slices applewood-smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2⁄3 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook fettuccine following the package directions, minus salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high until crispy (about 4 min), stirring occasionally. Remove bacon pieces from the pan, don't drain the drippings.
- Add garlic to the pan and sauté for 1 minute. stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle flour over the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly; cook for 2 minutes or until bubbly and slightly thick.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add cheese, stir until it melts.
- Stir in salt and 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking liquid.
- Add the pasta to pan; toss well to combine. Sprinkle with bacon, parsley, and pepper.