Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so delish....adding a bit of zucchini or broccoli sauteed in garlic makes it even better. Yum!
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped into big chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or 2 teaspoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes fresh black pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In skillet over moderate heat, saute the onions in olive oil for 3 minutes, until just slightly softened.
- Add the garlic, saute for 2 more minutes.
- Transfer to a blender, add all the other ingredients and blend away. It should be somewhat smooth, but still a bit grainy.
- To make thicker, add more nutritional yeast by the tablespoon. To thin out, add pasta water by the tablespoon.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a plate, spoon the sauce over the top, and add vegetables anf tofu if using.
Excellent vegan Alfredo, loved this one! The addition of pine nuts is a brillant idea - will definitely make this again! Thanks for posting!
Made for Healthy Choices ABC.
This recipe doesn't taste anything like Alfredo sauce to me, but it is FANTASTIC!!! I'll say it again! It is FANTASTIC!!! It makes your house smell so good, and is truly delicious with a great after taste! A great recipe to convert meat-eaters with! Try it with some mock chicken patties, sliced up and placed on top! :-)