Recipe by BusyBeeHoneyBee
This is so delish....adding a bit of zucchini or broccoli sauteed in garlic makes it even better. Yum!
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped into big chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or 2 teaspoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes fresh black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In skillet over moderate heat, saute the onions in olive oil for 3 minutes, until just slightly softened.
- Add the garlic, saute for 2 more minutes.
- Transfer to a blender, add all the other ingredients and blend away. It should be somewhat smooth, but still a bit grainy.
- To make thicker, add more nutritional yeast by the tablespoon. To thin out, add pasta water by the tablespoon.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a plate, spoon the sauce over the top, and add vegetables anf tofu if using.