This is so delish....adding a bit of zucchini or broccoli sauteed in garlic makes it even better. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb fettuccine pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped into big chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or 2 teaspoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes fresh black pepper
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2In skillet over moderate heat, saute the onions in olive oil for 3 minutes, until just slightly softened.
- 3Add the garlic, saute for 2 more minutes.
- 4Transfer to a blender, add all the other ingredients and blend away. It should be somewhat smooth, but still a bit grainy.
- 5To make thicker, add more nutritional yeast by the tablespoon. To thin out, add pasta water by the tablespoon.
- 6Drain the pasta and transfer to a plate, spoon the sauce over the top, and add vegetables anf tofu if using.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine Alfredo (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.3
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 521.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: