Recipe by Galley Wench
I love this recipe . . . very rich! Found it on the internet. This dish is best served on warmed plates or bowls (keeps the dish from becoming 'goopy').
Top Review by iewe
This was good, though I think that next time I will leave out the onion, or reduce it a bit, as it seemed a little overpower for our taste. Did add a little more parmesan with some romano for extra flavor (and you can never have enough cheese!). Served over portabello stuffed rigatoni.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with small amount water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large saute pan.
- Add garlic and onions, saute until brown.
- Add broth and cream and reduce for several minutes.
- Slowly add the cornstarch/water mixture stirring until the sauce begins to thicken slightly.
- Do not over thicken as the parmesean cheese will also act as a thickener.
- Add the parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt & pepper.
- Taste test and add more seasoning if needed.
- Combine with fettuccini noodles and toss.
- Serve immediately in warm bowl.