Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love this recipe . . . very rich! Found it on the internet. This dish is best served on warmed plates or bowls (keeps the dish from becoming 'goopy').
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with small amount water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in large saute pan.
- Add garlic and onions, saute until brown.
- Add broth and cream and reduce for several minutes.
- Slowly add the cornstarch/water mixture stirring until the sauce begins to thicken slightly.
- Do not over thicken as the parmesean cheese will also act as a thickener.
- Add the parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt & pepper.
- Taste test and add more seasoning if needed.
- Combine with fettuccini noodles and toss.
- Serve immediately in warm bowl.
This was good, though I think that next time I will leave out the onion, or reduce it a bit, as it seemed a little overpower for our taste. Did add a little more parmesan with some romano for extra flavor (and you can never have enough cheese!). Served over portabello stuffed rigatoni.
This is wonderful. I usually make my own version of alfredo sauce but this one is yummy too. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
I loved this sauce. Creamy and rich tasting. I made it exactly as written