Recipe by Jennifer R
I got this recipe from a container of organic yogurt. It looked really good. I love alfredo sauce, but it's so high in calories and fat. This looks like a possible alternative. I haven't tried it - if you try it, please review it!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- pasta or fettuccine or spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta, drain, set aside.
- Cook olive oil and garlic in a skillet until browned.
- Add pasta to skillet, and add 1/2 cup cheese. Mix together.
- Add milk, stir, cook on medium heat for 2 minutes or so.
- Mix yogurt with 1/2 cup of pasta in a separate bowl, to prevent curdling.
- Return yogurt and pasta to pan, mix well.
- Remove from heat, add remainder of cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let stand for 12-15 minutes, so the pasta can absorb all the liquid.