Recipe by Cookie16
From Cooking Light. This makes enough for 8 oz. uncooked pasta plus vegetables mixed in. If you are not mixing in veg. increase pasta to 12 oz.
Top Review by cookin mimi
This was a surprisingly tasty light sauce for pasta. I used angel hair. I served this to a couple of teenagers who are used to regular, fat-laden sauce and they really liked it. I will make this recipe again.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine (8 oz. uncooked pasta)
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk.
- Cook 6 minutes or until it thickens, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 cup parmesan, cream cheese and salt.
- Stir with whisk til cheese melts.
- Toss with hot pasta.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan, parsley and black pepper.