Recipe by Cookie16
A healthier version of an unhealthy favorite.
Top Review by MichelaCH
I've made this a bunch and my family loves it! I love it because it is sooo much healthier than the full fat version--you can feel good about eating it. Love making the adding broccoli to the pasta with this sauce--delicious and one of my daughter's favorite dinners.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk.
- Cook 6 minutes or til thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 cup parmesan, cream cheese and salt. Stir with whisk while cheeses melt.
- Toss with hot pasta, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of parmesan and chopped parsley and pepper.
- Serve immediately.