Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sortof came from a Ragu jar...modified a bit. I use the Shirataki tofu noodles, but you can certainly use regular noodles here. This makes a nice filling dinner, served with a salad and garlic toast.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages tofu shirataki noodles, fettuccine shape
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat alfredo sauce (I like Ragu Cheesy Light)
- 1⁄3 cup frozen green pea
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices lean turkey bacon, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Prepare tofu noodles (or regular noodles) according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and garlic, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add diced chicken breast, seasoning lightly with pepper. Saute about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Saute about 3 minutes.
- Add peas and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and mushrooms are softened.
- Add noodles and sauce. Stir and cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese if desired.
Excellent! A quick meal for the family, when dinner time sneak up on me. We added more mushrooms than the recipe called for and more Italian seasoning. No peas 'cause DH won't eat them. Overall, a quick, easy and delicious meal. Thanks for sharing :)
Very quick, very easy and tasty!
Fantastic recipe. We made a few changes....like regular Fettuccine noodles, a bit more Italian Seasoning, and a really high quality jarred Alfredo Sauce. This recipe was good enough to make my "keepers" cookbook. Nice work, CPolenchick!!