Recipe by yogiclarebear
This sortof came from a Ragu jar...modified a bit. I use the Shirataki tofu noodles, but you can certainly use regular noodles here. This makes a nice filling dinner, served with a salad and garlic toast.
Top Review by iovinos
Excellent! A quick meal for the family, when dinner time sneak up on me. We added more mushrooms than the recipe called for and more Italian seasoning. No peas 'cause DH won't eat them. Overall, a quick, easy and delicious meal. Thanks for sharing :)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages tofu shirataki noodles, fettuccine shape
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat alfredo sauce (I like Ragu Cheesy Light)
- 1⁄3 cup frozen green pea
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices lean turkey bacon, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare tofu noodles (or regular noodles) according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and garlic, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add diced chicken breast, seasoning lightly with pepper. Saute about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Saute about 3 minutes.
- Add peas and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and mushrooms are softened.
- Add noodles and sauce. Stir and cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese if desired.