This sortof came from a Ragu jar...modified a bit. I use the Shirataki tofu noodles, but you can certainly use regular noodles here. This makes a nice filling dinner, served with a salad and garlic toast.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages tofu shirataki noodles, fettuccine shape
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat alfredo sauce (I like Ragu Cheesy Light)
- 1⁄3 cup frozen green pea
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices lean turkey bacon, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Prepare tofu noodles (or regular noodles) according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and garlic, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add diced chicken breast, seasoning lightly with pepper. Saute about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Saute about 3 minutes.
- Add peas and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and mushrooms are softened.
- Add noodles and sauce. Stir and cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese if desired.