Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my younger daughter's favorite noodle dish. It's a bit lighter in calories than 'real' Alfredo but it's still just a 'few times a year' treat! Recipe is from GH Illustrated Cookbook.
- 1 (8 ounce) package fettuccine or 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare noodles as label directs; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a warm serving dish, combine butter, cheese, half-and-half, salt and pepper.
- Toss hot noodles with cheese mixture to coat well, serve immediately.
- Pass more grated cheese, if desired, to sprinkle over servings.
Yummy, simple and satisfying!! Definately a keeper
Very good flavor! I followed the recipe exactly, however only ended up with maybe one very strong flavored serving. So....I added 1 1/4 cup more half and half which made 4 servings. The only other thing that I added for our own family's preference was 2 teaspoons of 'McCormick' Garlic Bread Sprinkle (which is a combination of Romano cheese and Garlic flavoring) and one cup of cooked chicken, cubed. Thumbs up all around! Thanks for posting. CWB