Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This decadent recipe is adapted from The New Doubleday Cookbook (Doubleday, 1985).
- 1 lb fettuccine, preferably homemade
- 1 lb unsalted butter, sliced 1/4 inch thick,softened
- 1 lb parmesan cheese, grated fine
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Drain well and return to pan.
- Add butter and cheese and toss lightly but rapidly until fettuccine is evenly coated.
- Serve on heated plates and top with fresh-ground black pepper.