Recipe by Ruby15
Alfredo sauce with a little twist. This recipe is very quick and easy. I like to use a Four Cheese Shred Blend (Asiago, Fontina, Parmesan & Provolone), which can be purchased pre-blended. Enjoy.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic & fine herb cheese spread (Boursin)
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup milk (2%)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup cheese, shredded blend (Four Cheese Blend, see note above)
- 12 ounces fettuccine, Prepared as Directed (Fresh is Best!)
- shredded cheese, Parsley, Fresh Ground Pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Add Bourisn Cheese to melted butter. And blend well.
- Mix in heavy cream and milk, add garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 15 - 20 minutes over low heat,.
- Stirrling often.
- Mix in Shredded Cheese, stir until melted and well blended.
- Serve over hot cooked Fettuccine.