Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
VERY rich in calories, make only on special occasions. Add a green salad and crusty bread for a delicious meal
- 16 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- Cook fettucine as package directs; drain.
- Heat butter and cream over low heat until butter is melted.
- Stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over hot fettucini, stirring making sure the noodles are well coated.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
I also cut the butter down to 1/4 cup and sprinkled in some garlic powder and ground nutmeg, per others recommendation. AMAZING! I will not make any other alfredo sauce ever again! Tossed in some veggies and made garlic bread on the side. Big hit!
This sauce was delicious and easy and quick to make! My family loves alfredo sauce and this one was very tasty! I did use a little less butter(about 1/2 cup) and added about 4 oz. of cream cheese for the other 1/2 cup of butter. I used light cream instead of whipping cream, because that is what I had on hand and it still thickened up nicely and was good and creamy. It must be to die for with whipping cream! This also works well with leftover chicken. I added leftover roast chicken breast to the sauce and my family devoured it-everybody had seconds! This recipe works well with bowtie pasta too. I used Adobo garlic seasoned salt instead of regular salt. I will definitely make this again. Thanks Denise!
My ABSOLUTE favorite meal is fettuccini Alfredo & let me tell you this is the BEST i've ever had!