Recipe by Ilysse
This is my version, to each their own :-)Cooking time does not include time it takes to cook pasta.
- 1 lb fettuccine, cooked just shy of al dente
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- grated nutmeg (optional)
- parsley, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cooked pasta in a large pot.
- Add cream, butter and salt & pepper.
- Cook stirring to combine over low heat for 3 minute.
- Stir in cheese.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in the egg yolks.
- Return to heat and toss until well coated.
- This will thicken more after it has been placed in serving bowls.
- Grate a little nutmeg over the top if you wish (or you can stir it in) along with a little chopped parsley.