Top Review by 49flavours
This has been one of my favorite recipes for 20 years. It's fattening but so delicious! It's easy to vary with sauteed mushrooms or steamed broccoli or even chopped tomatoes. Adding the cream to hot melted butter will warm it quickly if you forget to set it out in time. I really like to add the parmesan at the end because it seems to leave it with a little more texture. Yum!!
- 12 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley