Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is just an easy recipe.
Make and share this Fettuccine Alfredo recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles (about 6 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup whipping cream (be sure to use fresh cream)
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- grated parmesan cheese
- ground pepper, to taste
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- While noodles are cooking, heat butter over water, until melted.
- Stir in cream, 3/4 cup parmesan cheese and salt.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Drain the noodles.
- Toss with cream mixture until evenly coated.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and pepper.
This was superb fettucine alfredo! I increased the amount of pasta to about 3/4 lb. but left the other ingredient amounts the same, and it was perfecto. It fed 4 handily. I also added a little fresh lemon zest, and maybe a little extra salt. Everyone loved it. Thanks for posting this!