Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fettuccine With Lemon and Peas This wonderful springtime recipe takes advantage of fresh peas. But this dish can be served any time of the year by using frozen petite peas.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups fresh green peas, from about 3 1/2 pounds in pods (or 1 16oz package frozen petite peas, not thawed)
- 3 lemons, zest of, grated
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine
- Bring a large pot of water to boil; salt.
- Melt butter in a large, high-sided skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add peas and stir to coat.
- Add lemon zest and cream; bring to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain pasta, add to cream mixture and stir to combine and heat through.
- Serve immediately.