Recipe by Latchy
This is based on a recipe found in a cooking magazine. It's easy plus tasty.
Top Review by Nessbelline
Just delicious, so easy to make and a very forgiving recipe. I used regular thyme with a splash of lemon, and spring onions (scallions) instead of red ones, I think the lemon was quite an important flavour. Great with yoghurt dip (yoghurt, splash of vinegar, splash of olive oil, plenty of salt, crushed garlic, chopped fresh mint), trying hard not to eat the whole lot in one go!
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk (can use plain milk)
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 400 g green zucchini, ends trimmed and coarsely grated
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped lemon thyme
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 125 ml oil
- lemon wedge, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine egg, flour and buttermilk in a bowl. Add zucchini, feta, onion, thyme and garlic and combine gently. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Place tablespoons of mixture around the edge of the pan allowing space for spreading and using a spatula to flatten slightly. Shallow fry for 2 minutes each side until golden and cooked through. Drain on a paper towel. Repeat until all mixture has been used, reheating oil between batches.
- Season fritters with some sea salt and serve with the lemon wedges.