Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An incredible appetizer with some unusual flavours that will surprise you with how well they balance. Big flavour. From Canadian Living magazine. You have to try it. I doubled this to serve 10 foodies. Cook time doesn't include marinating.
- 198.44 g feta cheese, drained, cut into 1/2 inch dice"or smaller"
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large orange, zest of
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped finely
- 29.58 ml capers, drained
- 4.92 ml dill seed
- 4.92 ml fennel seed (optional)
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- Dice the feta.
- Mix all other ingredients and pour over the cheese, stirring gently to combine (the recipe didn't call for it, but I bashed up the seeds in a mortar and pestle before adding them to bring out the most flavour- mostly because I got a mortar and pestle for Christmas and wanted to bash some things in it).
- Cover and marinate in the fridge at least overnight, and gently stir occasionally.
- Serve at room temperature, with toasted baguette or crackers.
- IF there are any leftovers, serve yourself directly from the fridge onto crackers.
- This will keep, covered, for two weeks.
- I forgot to take a picture, but it looks gorgeous.