Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this from a recipe exchange and it soon became a favorite. It is quick, easy, and delicious--great with a salad and some herbed orzo. I use it for dinner parties and for a quick meal after a long day at work. Only 20 minutes from start to finish......no kidding.
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb total)
- 1 large tomatoes, halved and sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, stir together the tomato paste, vinegar, rosemary, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the mixture onto the chichen breasts and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Broil the chicken 6 inches from the heat, turning once; broil for 6 min or until chicken is cooked through.
- Top the chicken with tomato slices and broil for 1 minute. Top with the feta and broil for 1 min, or untill the cheese is melting.
- Place the chicken breasts on 4 plates and serve.
Yummy, healthy, quick, and simple. Couldn't ask for anything more. Based on other reviews, I also left out the rosemary, otherwise I followed the recipe exactly.
Excellent and fast recipe! Have made several times since originally making it, tinkering with it a little each time. Now I use regular tomato paste and cut back to 1/4 tsp of salt. I also omit the tomatoes and rosemary (for personal taste issues) and add 1/8 tsp garlic powder. Part of my regular recipe rotation now!
This is really a very nice dish. Plus Hubby was impressed. I followed your recipe exactly, and it turned out just perfect. Thank you for sharing, SJ. --Marla, AZ