Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A real quick and tasty chicken breast dish with a Greek flavor. Ready in minutes.
- 118.29 ml flour
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml salad oil
- 2 (340.19 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 clove crushed garlic
- 59.14 ml diced onion
- 59.14 ml red wine
- 2 tomatoes, skinned,seeded and chopped
- 59.14 ml Greek olive, pitted and chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 59.14 ml feta cheese
- Salt and pepper chicken and dredge in flour.
- Saute in salad oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes per side or until done.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Place olive oil in same pan and add garlic and onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add wine and tomatoes and cook for one minute.
- Add olives and cook for another minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove pan from heat and add basil and feta cheese.
- Place chicken breasts on serving plates and top with tomato olive mixture.
Excellent easy recipe. I have made the sauce without the chicken breast and tossed it with pasta (spaghetti, fettucini, angel hair or similar). I do add a little bit of flour/olive oil roux to thicken it some. It makes a great vegetarian meal with a salad and some crusty bread.
This is an absolutely delicious recipe! I have made it over and over and loved it every time! One time that I made it, I didn't have any tomatoes on hand, so I used sun-dried tomatoes in oil and it was equally delicious. So easy and so very, very good.
Great flavor! It took alot longer for my chicken breasts to cook so next time I will pound/flatten them to make them thinner. I'll also try seasoned bread crumbs instead of flour. We enjoyed all of the fresh ingredients.