Recipe by Marie
A real quick and tasty chicken breast dish with a Greek flavor. Ready in minutes.
Top Review by doglover aka Jane
Excellent easy recipe. I have made the sauce without the chicken breast and tossed it with pasta (spaghetti, fettucini, angel hair or similar). I do add a little bit of flour/olive oil roux to thicken it some. It makes a great vegetarian meal with a salad and some crusty bread.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 2 tomatoes, skinned,seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Greek olive, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper chicken and dredge in flour.
- Saute in salad oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes per side or until done.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Place olive oil in same pan and add garlic and onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add wine and tomatoes and cook for one minute.
- Add olives and cook for another minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove pan from heat and add basil and feta cheese.
- Place chicken breasts on serving plates and top with tomato olive mixture.