Recipe by berry271
Adapted slightly from the Taste of Home Cookbook. Originally submitted by Alicia Szeszol.
- 1 lb tilapia fillets or 1 lb cod fish fillet
- 1 small onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 ounces feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place fish fillets in a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop onion.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add onions and garlic, sauteing until tender.
- Drain tomatoes and add to the pan.
- Add basil and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Top each fish fillet with tomato mixture and feta cheese.
- Place under broiler and broil until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.