Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A fast, fun way to add a touch of the Meditteranean to everyday dinners. Just a few handy ingredients, presented with a twist can make life more interesting. It's almost a Greek salad without the salad.
- 8 slices bread (firm white bread is best)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 6 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 8 black olives, halved and pitted
- 2 eggs, hardboiled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped finely
- Remove the crusts from the bread, and flatten the crustless squares. Brush bread slices with butter.
- Arrange sliced bread in muffin cups. Secure in place by adding a piece of crumpled foil. Bake in a preheated oven (375) for 10 minutes or until bread is crisp and browned.
- While bread browns, mix tomatoes, olives, feta, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix the olive oil, vinegar, and parsley.
- Remove bread from muffin pan, discard foil. Allow bread "cups" to cool and then fill with feta mixture. Spoon dressing over and serve.