Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light Magazine
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 6 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup English cucumber, grated
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 (2 ounce) kaiser rolls
- Combine first 6 ingredients. Divide mixture into four portions. Indent center of each portion; place 1 1/2 tablespoons feta into each. Fold turkey mixture around cheese; shape each portion into a 1/2-inch thick patty.
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties, cook 5 minutes on each side.
- Combine cucumber, yogurt, and mint in a small bowl. Arrange 1 turkey patty, 1 tomato slice, 1 lettuce leaf, and 2 tablespoons yogurt mixture on bottom half of each roll. Top with top halves of rolls.
Made this the other night - the feta cheese melted into the burgers and made them extra juicy. We also ate ours in Pita Bread instead of buns.
I'm so glad to find this posted here! We've made this several times - usually when we have yogurt in the fridge from another Greek or Indian dish. The burgers stay moist, and are very flavorful, and reheat well. I usually serve with veggies and dip, and hummus and pita. Thanks for posting!