Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From First, 1/26/09. Suggested with menu of: Minted Gremolata Halibut, Teas-Scented Orzo, and Tomato-Thyme Roasted Squash or Zucchini with Fennel.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 6 mini whole wheat pita bread
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into 12 rounds
- 1⁄2 cup Greek vinaigrette dressing with feta and oregano, reduced fat
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 5 ounces mixed salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In bowl, combine oil and Greek seasoning. Brush mixture on pitas; quarter.
- Place pitas on baking sheet and bake 7 minutes.
- In blender, puree cheese, milk, garlic and cumin 1 minute.
- Divide cheese mixture among cucumber rounds.
- In bowl, combine vinaigrette, 3 tablespoons lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest to create dressing.
- Toss greens and tomatoes in dressing.
- Arrange greens, cucumbers and baked pita triangles on plate.
Hubby said it well, "This salad is different, but good." I went ahead and truly stuffed my cucumbers since they were homegrown (with large seeds that I scooped out) and then served the tomatoes on the side. Next time I will sub Greek seasoning for the cumin in the cheese mixture. I used fat free feta with great success. Thanks for a fun recipe! Made for Veg*n Swap July 2009.