Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
This recipe comes from a cooking magazine that I got from Toolsie in our last swap.
Top Review by Rekha Tripathi
This tasted great and was great on a summer day. my husband said it ws the best dinner yet! Instead of splitting the chicken breasts, I just used extra thin breasts that you get in the store. Worked out great! I just had to tell my husband not to overdo them on the grill!
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons black olives, chopped and pitted
- 2 tablespoons red peppers, fine chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, fine chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp knife, cut chicken in half lengthwise but not all the way through and open like a book.
- Pound slightly to flatten;set aside.
- In bowl, toss together cheese, olives, red pepper, green onion, and parsley, 2 tsp of oregano and pepper.
- Stir in egg mix till combined.
- Divide mixture among center of each chicken breast.
- Roll up chicken and secure with toothpick,.
- In bowl whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt, and remaining oregano.
- Add chicken breasts and turn gently to coat.
- Place chicken breasts on grill over medium heat for about 15 minutes, turn occasionally or till thermometer reaches 165°F; let stand 5 minutes, serve.