Recipe by Justmez2
Can't remember which co-worker gave this to me, but was able to sample and get a copy of her recipe.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese, about 1 1/2 oz
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted. see note
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 1 lb
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare stuffing: In a 2 qt saucepan over medium heat, heat oil; add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until onion is softened.
- Stir in spinach; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until spinach loses some of its moisture.
- Stir in feta cheese, pine nuts, dill and pepper.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare chicken rolls: Place chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap using meat mallet or rolling pin, pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spread each cut with 1/4 stuffing mixture; roll up, securing with wooden picks or tying in two or three places with kitchen string.
- To cook: Spray non-stick skillet with no-stick cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Add chicken rolls; cook 4 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally until browned on all sides.
- Add wine, lemon juice and oregano; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer.
- Cover 8 to 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Using tongs, remove chicken to cutting board.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove wooden picks or string; cut each roll into 4 or 5 slices to serve.
- NOTE: To toast pine nuts, heat dry small skillet over medium heat.
- Add pine nuts cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently until golden.